Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sacrifices made for the team!


Next week is the last week of training. I am ready for the race, how about the rest of you sister shiny pennies? I thought I would take a minute and share with you one of the sacrifices I have made to prepare for our adventure. Actually, it would be 3 sacrifices. If you are wondering why I posted a picture of my feet, look closely at the toes. I managed to kill 3 toe nails in this training and it will be months before I am whole again. Was it worth it? Every time! This is the 3rd time I have sacrificed painted toe nails for a race, two marathons and this relay.
I Shelli ran the flesh off of the bottoms of her feet. Do you have pictures you can share? Anyone else have war stories. Come on, cough them up!

4 comments:

  1. Gross! Fortunately all my toe nails have stayed put this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paint your toes camp and nobody will ever see them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I hate auto type! It's supposed to say CAMO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny you should post that because I was thinking about taking a picture of my feet the other day but haven't. I have two toe nails that are black and blue and dead looking and my calloused blisters are hard and ugly but I'm right there with you Linda....wouldn't trade the battle scars for nothing. A lot can be learned thru running and one is how Strong you really are! Thanks for the journey, Linda...scars and all!

    ReplyDelete