Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Monday, July 4, 2011

Pennies, Nickels, Dimes, Squirrels, It Doesn't Matter!

Today when we ran we picked up more than we bargained for. As we were doing our cool down we came across a severely injured squirrel! :( Not sure what happened to it, but it appeared that its back was broken, and you know, no man gets left behind. I went back and got my dogs kennel from the back of my car so I could capture it and take it home and put it out of its misery. The poor squirrel was having so much difficulty moving that it let me pick it up with very little struggle. I know, I know, I know what the crap am I doing picking up a wild animal, but we just couldn't leave it there! It was injured and bound to die a terribly slow and painful death. So to the little squirrel who is no longer with us on earth, enjoy your hereafter and go collect some nuts pain free!

5 comments:

  1. I understand your need not to let the cute little animals struggle and I'm very proud of you for not going back for the baby skunk that was dead and laying along side the road! You didn't did you??? You didn't get the snake too did you? Oh, you're making me nervous! ;) Thanks for being brave enough to let the little guy leave his pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um I didn't know I wasn't supposed to pick up the skunk and snakes. I will go put them back right after I drop the baby birds off from the hospital parking lot. No one told me I was just supposed to help the living one. Thanks Shel, I know I can always count on you to set me straight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! You two are funny! Jaime you are a brave and kind person! Jaime the animal rescuer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commented on this already but must not have saved it... Sad! You are lucky you didn't get bit though. Want a cat? It matches Jeddi?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked the squirrel up with a folded up blanket so I had a little protection. It didn't have a ton of fight left, it was hurting pretty bad. I can't have cats cause of Jim's transplant. He can't be around litter or their poop or scratches and stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete