Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Monday, June 27, 2011

Linda Gailey


So you want to know a little more about me? Besides being in love with running, swimming, cycling and dance. . .I am in love with being a wife, mom of 6 wonderful kids, 16 grandkids, being a friend and sister. Both of my parents have been gone for a while. My mom passed away when I was 20 and my dad when I was 40 so I guess I am an orphan of sorts.

The reasons I love challenging myself physically? I don’t know for sure, I just know I love pushing myself to the limit and finding out I can go a little further. I am not a champion of anything, just slow and steady like the tortoise in the story of “Tortoise and the Hare”.

Another defining element of my life is my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My activity in the church has taught me how to overcome the curse of being painfully shy by accepting callings to serve in leadership positions, speak in public, prepare and present lessons to students spanning from age 4 to 84, plan and prepare meals for 50 or more, organize activities for 100 + people, work with youth, work with the elderly and list could go on and on. Most of all I have learned that we are all of infinite worth and as such we should treat each other with kindness, respect and love.

I am looking forward to our relay in August, all the hard work, giggles, crazy moments and the camaraderie. Look out Spokane, here comes Team Shiny Penny Syndrome!

4 comments:

  1. It's been fun to run with you. I am glad you take good enough care of yourself that we can conquer these things together

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jaime! Just remember step higher! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration....I remember when you said you started running and couldn't even run a mile and now look at you!!!

    ReplyDelete