Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Not it!!!!

Witty they say, but I think I know the truth. Last Friday some of the Shiny Pennies (those that could attend) got together and had a hash out meeting. I was unable to attend as I was in Portland supporting my daughter. So I come back to an email and don't ask what all it said because I don't know yet, I saw "Shelli, we voted you to write up our introduction because you're witty"....WHAT!!! I think they played a game of "not it" and I wasn't there to yell "NOT IT!" So I would like to thank my fellow pennies for the sleepless night and horrible run this morning. Okay, I can't blame you for the horrible run but the sleepless night was in part due to my head spinning with panic and exercise adjectives.... So I decided I would write up a few and have you all vote or critique my thoughts.....NO red pens please! Staytuned!


3 comments:

  1. Oops, where did that girl come from? Oh ya, that's me playing a sad song for you Shelli. I read your post and I thought, CRAP! How did she figure that out so fast? Then I read about your sleepless nights and I felt even worse. We thought it would at least take you a few days to figure out how you'd been chosen, but you are just too dang quick for us! I gotta tell you though, you could be in my shoes. I wrote it last year, and it was a unanimous decision that I choked and they wanted something with a little more flair this year. You know my fragile ego, I cried for weeks over that one! Oops I guess not weeks since the meeting was just on Friday. Well anyway, I am still mending broken feelers. So Sister Shiny, I now pass the torch on to you as well as the burden of making us sound like the best team that ever hit the pavement. May the words be with you! I will lend you my opinion too, but it probably won't be worth much since I am the ex author of our introduction. Oh ya, I won't use a red pen either, maybe purple, that's a happy color. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shell! Everytime you post something on Facebook or on this blog I crack up! You have a talent in creative writing it's very intertaining to read your comments! I will help in anyway you need it. I have no red pen either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaime, I was never good at hand offs...that's why the Lord made it so that my children had to be able to bounce to come to me! Maybe you better stand back?! ;) Kelley - thanks for adding more pressure to my already no sleep nights! ;)

    ReplyDelete