Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Logging 8 miles on a beautiful Saturday morning

Six of us met this morning at the courthouse parking lot and ran 8 miles out Adams Hwy. It was a beautiful early morning and a great way to start our Saturday. I was so happy to have Kelley back running with us and she did super. She has been off for the last year due to pregnancy and the birth of their son Karter. She has worked hard to get her running up to speed, so to speak.
Jaime and Stephanie picked up a dog at mile 4 and he tagged a long with them back in to town until they hit Pendleton Market. Kelley and I saw him there in a bit of a jam and coaxed him in with us to our starting point at the courthouse, loaded him up and took him back to the place Jaime and Stephanie found him. Just a little distraction to make our run go by quicker. It really was a good run and I so appreicate the great ladies I run with and their positive attitudes and determination to complete the task at hand.
Hope everyone else had a great running week!
Happy trails!
BG

3 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB KELLEY! It is so good to have you back! We have missed you but the cute little Karter man makes it all worth it. Was so happy for Shelli and Stephanie to conquer the 8. Shelli is a machine, doesn't slow down for anything (except maybe the big dog on Adams road who wanted a piece of her cheek). Keep up the great work ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good run! I couldn't believe how much easier it was to run the 8 miles than I expected it to be! I appreciate all you ladies too. Jaime keeps pushing me keeps me going and you all are so encouraging. Look forward to the next long one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wasn't the fact that the dog wanted a piece of my check it was the thought that he could mame me before the race. I want to RUN this race and no dog is going to take that from me! ;) It was a GREAT run and I actually was excited to still have a desire to run more by the time we got back. I would like to thank Jan who had to listen to my rumblings & frustrations at life the whole 8 miles. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete