Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Monday, August 15, 2011

Why do we run?!




A week ago Linda posted her feet so you could see her toe nails. I didn't take pictures of my blisters or purple toe then so I learned from her and found a camera for this "running joy!" I had a great weekend with some awesome girls but I was very frustrated with my runs and during my last run I was pondering if I really am strong enough to keep running. Linda, is a little older than I am and she's still running. Chris, is a little older than I am and she's training for a marathon so maybe it's just me! Maybe I'm not made of the tough clothe?! However, after taking my socks and shoes off Saturday night I was surprised to see a swollen and bruised ankle. Monday morning I went to the Dr. and was relieved to think that maybe I'm a little tougher than my original thought. I'm starting to think runners should be examined by a shrink and after my question to the Dr. this morning I think he would agree. The diagnosis was do able and hopefully I can train for my half next month!

5 comments:

  1. Ah, not so little grasshopper. You are as tough as nails. I have seen you overcome some pretty tough obstacles to keep running and I personally admire your tenacity.
    Run shiny penny, run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes girl!!! So what's the diagnosis and how's the good ol doc going to get you back on the road? I imagine he wasn't real pleased with you when you walked in his office but I'm glad you went and saw him. As far as you saying you're not so tough....I'd argue that one ANY DAY!! You are about as tough as they come and you are an example of overcoming obstacles to everyone who knows you! Take it easy and get some rest

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what did He say it was? Yor leaving us hanging shell! You are one tuff cookie! You trained for a ling time with a hurt leg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give you self more credit bruiser. I've seen you mow over other runner, and that was just during training. That girl still doesn't know what hit her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry. The Urgent Care Dr diagnosed it as archilles tendinitis and told me no running for 3-5 days and wants me in ankle supportive shoes (really business shoes come that way in a summer look?). Dr. Marshall looked at it and agreed with Dr. Hunsaker but Dr. Marshall also found a bump that could mean I actually tore my tendon a little bit and he told me no running for 2 weeks and wants me wearing a boot for a few days to keep the ankle from moving. He told me if I babied it that maybe I could still run a half next month. So that's my story and I "wrapped" up in it! ;)

    ReplyDelete