Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Jaime Larsen


Hello, my name is Jaime Larsen. I am a returning team member from last year, and very excited to give it another shot. As like many of my fellow runners I have participated in a number of events, from triathlons, and 5k's to a marathon. I got involved with running because of my mom (aka "Buff Granny"). She is definitely an inspiration to me, and many others. While I enjoy running it is a very small part of my life (although it doens't feel like it sometimes). I am also a full time student, wife (11 yrs), mom (she's 5), and active in my church. Running just helps balance it all. It gives me an outlet when things get a little too crazy. Anyway, I am excited to be back this year, and can't wait to conquer the roads again. Ok, I am always behind the camera so the only usable pictures I have of myself are with other people. So Linda, Jan, and Stephanie you get grace the pages of the blog again. That was a fun race in the snow, didn't do much for our times, but it did wonders for our spirits

3 comments:

  1. Running in the snow sounds heavenly to me Jai. Heat index 110 this week and warnings to stay indoors. I only ran two days, one was utterly miserable the second I didn't quite want to die, just throw up. Good luck on your upcoming race. How's your new church calling? I feel like I never talk to you. When does school start again? My kids start the 22nd. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running in the snow was fun. I am sorry it's so hot and yucky in Jacksonville. Look at it this way, you will really appreciate it when winter comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that race was so much fun! it seems like so long ago.
    You, jan and my pals are who keep me running as I battle the aging factor. Thank you for encouraging me. I am getting excited about the race and spending 30 + hours in a van with a bunch of crazy ladies! Let's go get it done-with style ;)

    ReplyDelete