Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Carolyn Chichester


Hi there! My name is Carolyn ( leg 11) and I wanted to tell a little bit about myself. I have been married for sixteen years, but have been with Dan for almost twenty - holy cow I am getting old! I have two awesome boys ages eleven and nine and have lived in Pendleton for thirteen years. In the last year I have taken on a part-time job as a physical therapy aide and really enjoy being in the working world again, let me rephrase that-the getting paid for work world. I stayed at home with my boys for ten years and was very fortunate to be able to do that, but I am really enjoying the freedom to do some new things again and yet still be there for them.

I have always ran to some extent since I was ten years old, although I was a sprinter so anything over a half mile is long distance to me! I was on the team last year for the Spokane to Sandpoint relay and besides the running part it was great:) Just kidding? We had quite an adventure and I am looking forward to doing it again and hoping to improve on my time, even just by a little-I'll take whatever I can get! Although this year I wised up and am bringing a cot to sleep on because I can't sleep in an upright position in a van or on a rocky yard in fear of being ran over or a cougar or bear eating me during the night, but I guess a cot won't help me with the last two issues, darn it:( Anyway as hard as it is to get out there and train I find it is worth it because nothing gets me in shape like running and I get to indulge in a few more guilt-free calories, or am I the only one who does that? So anyway, thanks to all my teamates for their support and friendship and to my family who always encourages me to do what I enjoy-I wish for safe travels for our endeavor and can't wait to do it all over again-

Go Shiny Pennies!

3 comments:

  1. Wait you ran last year? ;) It's been fun getting to know you. I'm excited for this year to improve our time (my time) and to have another sleep deprived, peel the clothes off, eat ??? and giggly time! Good luck with the sleeping - no matter what you bring to sleep on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go GI Jane! :) You look like you are ready to take on the world in your picture. I didn't realize you'd lived in Pendleton that long. My goal is to run a 9 mile race, The Gate River Run, here in Jacksonville in the spring. I am a sprinter too, I don't do long distance so that will be a challenge for me. We have a lot in common, we just celebrated our 16 year anniversary last week! Good luck with your race.

    ReplyDelete