Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Shelli Spratling



Next up - returning for her second year is an avid runner (just ask her brain). She thinks about running, dreams of running, buys running shoes and running clothes, and if she ever starts running as much as she thinks about it, she'll make some running shoe manufacturer very happy!! ;D I am Shelli, mother to four great kids, five if we count spouses. I gave up the working world to stay home with my first baby and now that my last baby is 12 I have entered back into the work force. However, it's working for a family law office. It's very detailed and full of sorrow so being able to run has helped out the levels of frustration of getting back into the work force and learning how to beat out the stupidity in the world. I would like to thank my husband for his support, especially when the brown truck brings yet another pair of running shoes and when our anniversary happens to fall at the same time as the relay. I would like to thank my kids for their love, support, and living off ramen noodles so that Mom can use the grocery money for yet another pair of running shoes. (Okay, it's not THAT bad!) ;P I would like to thank the members of the Shiny Penny Team who make this a learning, growing, and fun experience. I couldn't do it without each and every one of you!! So lets slip on those shoes, double knot the laces, and get out there!!!

5 comments:

  1. Look that those two beautiful ladies! You have such a way with words Shelli. And you DO have very cute running shoes. I like them, especially the new blue ones. You have great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you started working?! How do you like it? My baby goes to kindergarten this year so both will be in school full time.
    I started running this spring!! My goal is to make it to the Gate River Run in Jacksonville (9 miles). It's next spring, I gave myself a year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jean!! It's been a transition going back to work - just ask the Lord, he's had to listen to me whine and repeatedly ask "WHY". I enjoy my job though. Are you ready for both boys to be in school?

    Good luck with your running. You can do it, I've seen the cloth you're made from. Just remember to enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete