Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dodge Car?!


We've all played dodge ball as a child but lets face it all this training has reminded us that we aren't children anymore. This past weekend I had a family reunion in Wallowa. Saturday morning my sister-in-law and I set our alarms and got up semi early (6:30 a.m.) to go for a run. We headed out on a beautiful morning for a great run. We soon discovered that like every where else, if you aren't on four wheels the other four wheeled vehicles don't want you in their "space". I found the loose gravel on the side of the road and even while on all "fours" the car didn't get out of "MY SPACE". Once again....new pair of shoes scuffed!! My hand and arm will heal but those scuffs are PERMANENT! I hope the car that put me in the ditch was headed to the ER to have a baby!! Other wise strong words like "poop poop head" are coming to mind!

5 comments:

  1. That looks nasty Shelli! Are you ok? I hope you turned that driver in for reckless driving.
    We are back on track this week and it is a full one. Lots of miles to cover.
    We have missed you. Can't wait to hear the details of your car VS runner story.
    Happy trails
    BG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelli you are an animal. First you take on other runners and now you take on cars. Girl, you are tough but I think those poop head cars are gonna win every time. Next time I got your back, I'll let out a good scream for you. Hope you are feeling better :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left a comment earlier but apparently It didn't post it!! That looks like a good scrap! sorry shelli that stinks. Especially when you scrap up your shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH! You should've have picked some of that gravel up and thrown it at the car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I did forget to mention....."If you think this is bad, you should have seen the other car!" ;)

    ReplyDelete