Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Time to rest these legs.........

My legs are not getting any better, truth be told, they have started regressing. My hip issue is pretty much gone but the compartment syndrome and shin splints keep flaring up. After going camping this weekend and taking a few days off from running, I should have had a pretty decent run today with well rested legs. Instead I couldn't stand the pain of running 2 miles and walked almost half. After much thought and conversation with my physical therapist my options are run in excruciating pain or take the time to let my legs heal. My decision is that I am turning my leg of the race over to Sarah's mom who has been graciously training just in case we need her (Thank you). I have thought long and hard over this decision and as much as my heart, soul, and money are invested in this amazing endeavor, my legs will just not cooperate. I will remain as part of the SPS team and help when help is needed, and also remain the treasure. I have loved and enjoyed the training and fundraising I have had with all of you. I hope in time my legs will get better so I can run for fun and the occasional 5k, maybe more as my legs will allow. Keep on running my shiny pennies ~ Fawn

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear your legs ar not cooperating like you want them to. Injuries are always frustrating, like you said look to the future. Get your legs better, and we shall enjoy the 5ks and 10k's this fall!

    ReplyDelete