Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Friday, July 2, 2010

Scared runner = FAST PACE!

So I headed out for a run tonight and decided to cheat (I didn't want to run all the way up the Ford Hill so I cut through their parking lot and headed down the back side). This is not a normal route for me and as I was heading down the road I kept thinking I was hearing noises (I was wearing my headphones so I wasn't quite sure what they were). I got a little freaked out so pulled one head phone out of my ear and kept running (or maybe I should say RUNNING. I wanted to get off that street and back to the main road). I didn't get very far before my breathing was out of control and my insides got hot. At first I thought it was just because I was scared but a quick glance at my watch explained it all. I was running a 6:58! Needless to say, that didn't last long but I'm thinking that being scared on my night leg might on the relay might just bump up my pace a little bit!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha.......Oh my gosh I got a great mental picture of this and busted up laughing. Glad that all went well and Waaa Hooo! on the pace. It's amazing what a little adrenaline can do to the body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we could arrange to make sure you run a fast pace on the night leg. We'll take care of it, no worries.

    ReplyDelete