Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Humbled By The Heat

I have always been a pretty steady runner, able to battle the elements that are usually present in the wee hours of the morning. I've run in several inches of snow, rain, wind, heck, there are a few of us that even witnessed, first hand and up close, the meteor that passed over Pendleton a few years ago. But tonight was a different story. One thing that is never present at 5am, is 80 degree heat. Tonight my mom, Stephanie and I set out on a short 3 mile run. I felt pretty good going out, but it didn't take long for the heat to humble me. I am not too proud to say that it literally kicked my butt! I am glad it did it, it taught me I have a long way to go, and a lot of training that needs to be done in order for me to acclimate to the heat. Kudos to those of you who run in the heat on a regular basis, it was hard!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, braving the hot sun and then going to Zumba-drink up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a heat runner! I felt hot all night and never cooled off. I too need to do more running in the heat of the day. H*O*T run and Zumba was hard last night too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been dreading a mid-day run, I have run when it's hot but not with the sun beating down on me the whole time. Thank you for sharing so I can possibly better prepare myself.

    ReplyDelete