Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Monday, May 24, 2010

Well, my mom can't accuse me of doing a half-a** job!

When I do something, I always do it 100% -- or at least try. I have a little bit of everything -- compartment syndrome with shin splints and a micro-fracture...Dr. Walker said I did a great job of covering all the bases.
SO I am out of running for 2 more weeks, no impact plus an anti-inflammatory med to help with the swelling. Found out it was because I have a pretty severe Vitamin D deficiency that affects my bones meaning it is really easy to get micro-fractures.
ANYWAY, I will be doing a lot of Spin class and anything else I can. Ice. Stretching. Rest of the effected area, etc.
I miss running, but he said if I do this right, I will be back out training in just a couple of weeks. So here is to a couple of weeks of rest so I can get out and pound the pavement with all of you!

5 comments:

  1. OH NO! How did he go about diagnosing the fracture (did he get some x-rays)? At least it't only a few more weeks since you were smart enough to stay off it from the time it started hurting. One thing that's for sure...you will come back strong. You are about as tough as they come! Take care of yourself and happy spin to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you feel about the dignosis but I am so happy to hear you will only be out for 2 more weeks. I was SO afraid he was going to clip your wings for the whole race. Hang in there, know that you have left a big hole and we are all anxious to have you back running with the pack. Spinning is not the same as running but it will help get you through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't believe that all happened at once. Well I hope that you are enjoying your rest, but not too much... We need you too be strong and help us all get through the training and the relay. Hope to see you in a couple of weeks. Get well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH!! Sorry to hear about your diagnosis but happy to know it won't be THAT much longer-I know longer than you want but there's light at the end now. Work out your frustrations at spin and you'll never know you weren't running when you finally get back out on the road! Happy healing Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Sarah, you are one tough cookie! Injuries bite, but do what the doc says so you can hit the ground running again.

    ReplyDelete