Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Never Eat Rice and Then RUN!

I decided that I was craving some pork fried rice and egg flower soup last night. So, I ate it and realized it was 7:15 pm and I still needed to run and I didn't want to run in the dark. So I hit the road at about 7:45, let's just say not long enough for rice to settle. HAHA. And on top of that our beautiful hot weather that we were having yesterday turned into wind! I swear at times when I was going up hill against the wind, I probably could have been walking as fast as I was "jogging". But, nevertheless I went for a 25 minute run burping Chinese food and "running in place" the whole way. LOL!!!

5 comments:

  1. I am sitting here all by myself and laughing out loud as I read your post Party Jo, only because I have done that very thing before. Those are the tough lessons you learn about running! "be careful what you eat before you run" Makes for a miserable run! Way to tough it out though, I am impressed girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PB&J/running is a BAD COMBO too! Learned that lesson early on in my running days (and Kelley learned it on our bikes). Thanks for the giggle though. I laughed as I read your post. The wind did kick up. I was out helping Elsie ride her bike and she decided it was TOO WINDY to be outside. They say that we are supposed to be "childlike" is that because they know when it's time to go inside?? Good job getting your run done though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran last night in the wind too. I think it should count for extra miles! Just so you know... Subway an hour before you run isn't a good idea either. I felt sick the entire run, but I finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't eat anything at least an hour or two before I go running, makes me ill everytime. Way to keep running!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, the things we learn about ourselves, our bodies, and the food we eat, when we run. It won't be the last thing you will figure out that you can't run and eat on.

    ReplyDelete