Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Friday, May 14, 2010

It had to be fate from the running gods!

So, I went back to the gym and warmed up on a bike and did some stretches and decided to hop on the dreaded treadmill. I don't pace well, so me and a treadmill are a disaster waiting to happen. I started out at a fast walk and decided to bump it up some. Well, that lasted about 30 seconds and I turned it off; I knew I was going to fall off the stupid thing. Irritated and defeated I grabbed my stuff and headed to my truck. I put my stuff inside the truck, tied the key to my shoe, and decided I was going to run. I headed out with no idea where, how long, or how well this run was going to be. As I rounded the corner a couple minutes later, I see another runner, and then I noticed the long pony tail. Could it be.......why yes......it's Party Jo!!! YAY! I asked if I could run with her and a few seconds later we shoved our music in our ears and took off. I don't know how far we went together, maybe a couple of miles and stopped back at my truck and Patti Jo kept on running. It was great to get running, the legs burned and hurt but it felt good. The lungs and heart said YES, and the legs said NO. We will see how the legs feel over the next day or so. Thank you Patti Jo!

6 comments:

  1. What are the chances??? That's great youguys were able to find eachother out there, way to go ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun running with you. That was a crazy coincidence. I'm glad that I ran into you, because know I can say that I found a bright, shiny penny on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe...Thanks! Maybe sometime we could plan running downtown together in hopes of finding you some road money. Jaime has taught me well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be nice to run into another runner! All i get is stupid dogs that like to follow me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelley...at least it's not birds following you anymore:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell them the devil bird story Kelley!
    I love your post Fawn!!!!! So fun that you and Party Jo got to run together. This is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete