Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Monday, June 28, 2010

A for effort???

What do you have with a penny, stink bug, snake, two cat calls, and two flat tires?......a disappointed runner!!
Saturday I had several clogging performances in Hermiston and Umatilla so I had to forego the friend run but when I got home I decided to run by myself. Braylie decided she would ride her bike next to me. So we headed out towards Mckay Dr.....got almost to Sunridge Middle School and discovered my feet fit nicely in my armpits-at least when a snake is present.....YIKES, I don't do snakes. Moving on.....found a penny! Great, put it in my pocket and keep running.....Braylie asked if she could stop for a drink so I told her to go ahead and I kept running...couple corners later-no Braylie! Mom instinct says "TURN AROUND" so I did. Couple of corners later she's just standing there. She sees me and walks the other way. She had two flat tires and called home but no drivers were home. AUGH!!! So we walked the bike back. She was very sorry and offered to run the motel route with me but by the time we got home I was ready for a shower and cleaner, drier, smell better clothes. Sadly I only got three miles in but I did get a penny and some time with my daughter!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your story. Time with your daughter is pricelss. How did clogging go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What luck you have! Haha! Well glad to hear you made the best out of the exoerience and managed to get in 3 miles and some quality daughter time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your luck...that bites (or I guess in your case doesn't bite since the snake left you alone). I say you do get some extra credit for the effort though:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Shelli! So sorry! We missed you. But even with the snake, you can't beat time with your kids -- even if someone gets two flat tires.

    ReplyDelete