Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Singing in the Rain.........

I can't even shout loud enough to express my joy!!! I was bummed that there was no early morning run because I don't like to run alone but seeing that I missed Tuesdays run I knew I couldn't miss today! So I did the hard part-I thought of a route I wanted to run and the best time (less people seeing me). I made one mistake though-I wore a white shirt in the rain. I started down the hill and over to Denny's and thought I am not going to make it but there's no way I can look myself in the mirror if I didn't do my best. So I remembered I put on my runnin' shoes and I kept running. Got to the bread store and thought maybe I would "walk" a different route than the way I came......turned around and started running and I never stopped. It was incredible! To top it off, it turned out to be between 7-8 miles!! I also learned running in the rain really is incredible. Bring it on!!

4 comments:

  1. wow shelly Good Job! I bet everyone loved your wet white T-shirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was heading down southgate and saw you running and thought of the white shirt (it was raining when I passed you) I rolled down the passenger window and hollared out a big "woo hoo...go Shelli go" and was a little offended that you didn't even turn to look but then I realized you were wearing headphones:) Great job out there today!! My mom and I are headed out the the resevoir for an open water swim...YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Sister shiny penny! That was a great run and I too love running in the rain. I am not looking so much forward to swimming in the resevior though. I would rather have run with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Shelli!! Running the rain is one of my favorites, I think because I don't feel so parched and it distracts me visually. Ok, so it doesn't take much to distract me. Great run!

    ReplyDelete