Our Team Members

Our Team Members
click on pic to go to relay website

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I found something today I thought I had lost......HOPE!

I have been hoping that my legs were going to get better, but as my legs  have gotten worse and more painful, and for almost 2 weeks not being able to run I have been losing that hope. I was starting to face the fact that their is a good chance I won't be running the relay. Today, Dustin Breshears LMT, MMP (pictured below) renewed my hope for getting through this. I build muscle very quickly and I can get bulky if I am not careful, that's the reason I like Group Power is that I can do a moderate weight and high reps. and this keeps my muscles longer. So, running is making my muscles bulk quickly and causing the pain and the compartment syndrome issues. The fix is- a lot of stretching every day and a lot more time warming up before I run. Ice my legs and stretch some more after I run. If I can stand it, my leg muscles would love to have an ice bath. I'm am not so sure I would love an ice bath; however, the more training we do I may find myself in one if i want to keep going. Eventually, these muscle will get use to the running and get lengthened out and not so compact. Now my hope is to get back up to speed soon and running with the rest of you. This pain is no longer allowed to rain on my parade!!! This parade is just getting started. Keep on running ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment